The purpose of the Consumer Advisory Council (CAC) is to provide consumer-responsive, consumer-driven advice for the planning of, implementation of, and evaluation of, the activities carried out through the Assistive Technology (AT) Act, including setting measurable goals.
Current CAC Members as of October 11, 2018
- Ken Dockter, Grand Forks
- Brian and Cari Duncan, Sawyer
- Connie Klein, Minot
- Lacey Long, Mandan
- Tammy Mayer, Bismarck
- Janelle Olson, Williston
- Milton Ota, Fargo
- Jillian Schaible, Bismarck
- Sheryl Scioscia-Beard, Williston
- Debra Schlief, Thompson
- Lexee Steffan, Dickinson
- Ryan Volk, Bismarck
- Patty Wanner, Bismarck
The CAC will assure ND Assistive:
- Is responsive to the consumer;
- Includes persons with all disabilities and across all ages in every aspect of the program;
- Seeks meaningful consumer involvement at all levels of the project;
- Provides statewide access to assistive technology and services;
- Addresses assistive technology issues involving all settings (home, work, school, community, and play);
- Collaboratively develops a long-range statewide plan for assistive technology in North Dakota.
Suggested activities of the CAC may be:
- Advising ND Assistive staff on whether the organizational services are meeting the needs of the people being served;
- Provide viewpoints from other organizations, agencies, or constituents;
- Provide liaison with regional community groups and other constituencies of ND Assistive;
- Provide financial or other advice;
- Help foster good public relations;
- Serve on committees or task forces for specific objectives;
- Assist in outreach to under-represented groups in North Dakota;
- Assist in the evaluation of the consumer-responsiveness of state project activities as well as of subcontractors and other public and private agencies and making recommendations for improvements;
- Having an influence with the legislature;
- Identify barriers to providing assistive technology devices and services.
Interested in Joining the CAC?
Please fill out the application below if you are interested in serving on the CAC. If you have questions, please contact us at, (800) 895-4728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.