Once again the holiday season is upon us – a time when messages of Christmas totally surround us and fill our hearts and minds with anticipation of the upcoming celebration. The standing tradition of purchasing and exchanging gifts ranks high among the thoughts of both children and adults, with kids being more preoccupied with the receiving end of the exchange and adults the “commercial” side! With that in mind I’ve found some helpful hints and guides on how assistive technology presents can be incorporated into your holiday gift-giving.
Holiday gift lists and guides for children:
- A Day in our Shoes – parent contribution
- Love that Max – parent contribution
- Able Play – toy rating system and website
- Dr. Toy – advice from one of the nation’s leading experts on play, toys, and children’s products
- Toys R Us – special holiday guide
- Enabling Devices – holiday guide
- Lauren S. Enders – a pictorial smorgasbord
Holiday gift lists and guides for adults:
- National Center on Accessibility – technology ideas and tips
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation – individuals living with paralysis
- Flag House – sports and fitness
A final thought for your gift-giving consideration this holiday season would be for you and/or your family and friends to donate to IPAT’s annual Pedaling for Possibilities fund-raising event! Your contribution can ensure that a young child or an older adult can receive assistive technology devices or services that are vital to their leading a productive and fulfilling life – a circumstance we frequently all take too much for granted.
Season’s greetings …