October has always been a busy month for IPAT staff, and this year is no exception. With summer over, school in session and the roads in good driving condition, agencies and organizations are busy hosting independent living fairs, informational talks, conferences, staff training and exhibits. Our staff of four consultants have said yes to providing an assistive technology (AT) component to as many events as we could, and this is where you will find us building AT awareness and skills over the next month.
- October 1, 8, 15 and 22: Volunteering at Papa’s Pumpkin Patch to promote Pedaling for Possibilities – Bismarck, 5-7 pm
- October 6: Exhibit at the Independent Living Fair – Williston Area Recreation Center, Williston, 1-4 pm
- October 7: Presentation on IPAT Services – Holy Cross Church – Powers Lake, 10 am-noon (lunch served), 6-8 pm (dinner served)
- October 8: Exhibit at the Independent Living Fair – Holiday Inn and Suites – Minot, 1-4 pm
- October 13: Tours of IPAT’s Home First Showroom – Northern Plains Conference – IPAT Office – Fargo, 5:45-8 pm
- October 14: Exhibit at the Northern Plains Conference – Ramada Plaza & Suites – Fargo, 8 am-4 pm
- October 15: Exhibit at the ND Vocational Rehabilitation Conference – Alerus Center – Grand Forks
- October 19: Legislative Open House – IPAT Fargo Office – Fargo, 3:30-6:30 pm
- October 21, 22 and 23: Present and Exhibit – ND Autism Spectrum Disorders Conference – Ramada Inn & Suites – Fargo
- October 22: Exhibit – Edgewood Vista – Mandan, 5-7 pm
- October 29: AT Training – Vocational Rehabilitation Bismarck Staff – Bismarck
- October 30: AT Training – Vocational Rehabilitation Fargo Staff – Fargo
If you are a reader of our blogs and will be attending any of these events, please take a minute to say hello!