North Dakota Assistive Financial Loan Program
What does the loan program offer?
- Guaranteed financial loans at a 2% fixed interest rate* to make it easier for people with disabilities to get the AT they need
- Flexible loan repayment terms to make what may seem out of reach financially affordable
- Individual consideration if there is a poor credit history
- Loans up to a maximum of $50,000
Who is eligible?
- The end user of the financed equipment must be a North Dakota resident with a disability
- The loan applicant can be the end user, a family member, or an approved representative of a person with a disability
- The person applying for the loan on behalf of the end user may live anywhere in the United States
- The loan applicant must demonstrate the ability to repay the loan
What can be purchased?
- All types of assistive technology such as:
- Speech output communication devices
- Hearing aids and assistive listening devices
- Low vision devices such as electronic magnifiers
- Computers/tablets with disability-related software and/or hardware
- Manual or motorized wheelchairs and scooters
- Adapted vehicles
- Home modifications (must own the home) such as walk-in showers and ramps
- Environmental control systems such as Smart Home Devices
- Assistive technology assessments
- Training to use the assistive technology purchased
- Used assistive technology devices as long as they are in good working order
- Co-payments for assistive technology and durable medical equipment
Apply for a Loan
Applications may be completed online or downloaded below. Please contact North Dakota Assistive for alternative format options and questions:
- 2020 ATFL Program Accessible Loan Application
- 2020 ATFL Program Accessible Fillable Loan Application
- 2020 ATFL Program Large Print Accessible Fillable Loan Application
*This interest rate is based on availability and is subject to change.
Subscribe To Our Blog Mailing List!
"*" indicates required fields