Communication disabilities can stem from many sources such as accident, illness, hearing loss, or developmental disability, and they can lead to frustration and social exclusion. Our ability to communicate is a key to enjoying life.
ND Assistive can introduce people to assistive technology that can help provide individuals with a way to communicate to the world. Equipment to aid in communication includes:
- Portable voice amplifiers
- Text and symbol-based communication devices and software
- Text-to-speech based communication devices and software
- Communication apps for mobiles devices such as iPads and smartphones
Individuals with Communication Disabilities:
- Equipment Demonstration
- Short-term Equipment Trial Program
- Equipment Reuse Program
- Senior Safety Program (Only for ND residents age 60 and older)
- Specialized Phone Program
- iCanConnect: Deaf-Blind Service (Only for those who are both legally deaf and legally blind)
- AT device training, setup, assessments, consultations, and evaluations. (Call for more detailed information.)
Subscribe To Our Blog Mailing List!
"*" indicates required fields