Experiencing low vision or blindness as a result of aging, accident, disease, or genetic condition provides challenges for doing everyday tasks. Routine activities like traveling to work, using a phone, paying bills, and reading need to be done differently with the use of assistive technology (AT) like:
- Portable and desktop magnifiers
- Text-to-speech software
- Mobile technology applications
- Screen readers
- Talking clocks, watches, scales, books, calculators, GPS, etc.
Individuals with Low Vision or Blindness:
- Equipment Demonstration
- Short-term Equipment Trial Program
- Equipment Reuse Program
- Senior Safety Program (Only for ND residents age 60 and older)
- Specialized Phone Program
- iCanConnect: Deaf-Blind Service (Only for those who are both legally deaf and legally blind)
- AT device training, setup, assessments, consultations, and evaluations. (Call for more detailed information.)
Subscribe To Our Blog Mailing List!
"*" indicates required fields