The Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Services (TEDS) is designed to provide specialized telecommunications equipment to meet the needs of indivdiuals who are communications impaired and who might be otherwise disadvantaged in their ability to obtain equipment to easily and independently use the phone.
Who is Eligible?
North Dakota residents age 5 and over who:
- Have difficulty using the telephone because of a severe hearing, speech, or physical impairment;
- Currently have or are in the process of getting landline or cellular phone service;
- And meet income criteria
How to Apply
- Individuals must complete the application for TEDS
- Per request, Assistive can send out applications in the mail to interested individuals
- The application can be downloaded from this page (see the bottom of the page)
- Individuals must complete the Condition of Acceptance form included in the application
- Individuals must have their physician, audiologist, hearing instrument specialist, speech pathologist, or appropriate professional complete and sign the the Certification of Hearing/Speech/Physical Impairment form
For questions please contact Courtney Ness at 1-(800)-895-4728 or email her at email@example.com