At ND Assistive, we understand that hearing impairments can create barriers to effective communication. That’s why we’re here to introduce you to a world of assistive technology (AT) devices that serve as your allies in minimizing the impact of hearing challenges.
When it comes to addressing hearing impairments, one size certainly doesn’t fit all. Our mission is to provide you with devices that cater to your specific needs, whether it’s amplifying, converting, or translating sounds.
ND Assistive is here to redefine the way you connect with the world.
- Is responsive to the consumer
- Includes persons with all disabilities and across all ages in every aspect of the program
- Seeks meaningful consumer involvement at all levels of the project
- Provides statewide access to assistive technology and services
- Addresses assistive technology issues involving all settings (home, work, school, community, and play)
- Collaboratively develops a long-range statewide plan for assistive technology in North Dakota
Personal amplification devices to enhance auditory experiences, whether at home, work, or during leisure activities.
- Visual alerting devices transform auditory alerts into visual signals (such as a light) or gentle physical signals for alarms, doorbells, incoming phone calls, and more.
- Amplified telephones not only make incoming voices clearer but also offer the convenience of converting audible words into written text – ensuring that no part of the conversation is missed.