Do you need to make your home more accessible by adding a roll-in shower, purchase a modified van with a lift to operate a vehicle independently again, finance new hearing aids so you can listen to your grand child’s concert, or purchase a video magnifier to read the newspaper again? If questions like these apply to you, our revamped financial loan program just might be the answer.
Starting July 1, 2018, we will be offering financial loans of $1,000 to $50,000 at a fixed 2% interest rate* to purchase assistive technology for North Dakotans with disabilities! ASSISTIVE will be buying down the interest rate to 2%*, guaranteeing the loans, and providing flexible terms.
WHAT DOES THE ATFL OFFER?
- Guaranteed Financial Loans at a 2% fixed interest rate* to make it easier for people with disabilities to get the AT they need
- Flexible loan terms Program flexibility to make what may seem out of reach financially affordable
- Individual consideration if there is a poor credit history
- Loans (held by First International Bank) ranging from a minimum of $1000 to a maximum $50,000
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- You must be a person with a disability, a family member, or approved representative of a person with a disability
- You need to demonstrate the ability to repay the loan
- The end-user of the AT loan applied for must be a North Dakota resident
WHAT CAN BE PURCHASED?
- All types of assistive technology such as
- Speech output communication devices
- Hearing aids and assistive listening devices
- Low vision devices such as electronic magnifiers
- Computers/tablets with disability-related software and/or hardware
- Manual or motorized wheelchairs and scooters
- Adapted vehicles
- Home modifications such as walk-in showers and ramps (must own the home)
- Environmental control systems such as Smart Home Devices
- AT Assessments
- Training to use the purchased AT
- Used AT devices, as long as they are in good working order
- Co-Payments for assistive technology and durable medical equipment
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A LOAN?
- Contact us for an application at 800.895.4728 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*This interest rate is based on availability and is subject to change.