Are you in need of hearing aids, but are finding the cost a bit out of reach? Have you tried to get a loan for hearing aids and found the interest rate to be in the teens? If you live in North Dakota, we may have a solution for you and just in time for May is Better Speech and Hearing Month!!
ND Assistive has a 2% fixed interest rate, guaranteed, Assistive Technology Financial Loan (ATFL) program to help you get the assistive technology you need, which includes hearing aids.
WHAT DOES THE ATFL OFFER?
- Guaranteed Financial Loans at a 2% fixed interest rate* to make it easier for people with disabilities to get the AT they need
- Flexible loan repayment terms to make what may seem out of reach financially affordable
- Individual consideration if there is a poor credit history
- Loans up to a maximum of $50,000
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- The end user of the financed equipment must be a North Dakota resident with a disability
- The loan applicant can be the end user, a family member, or an approved representative of a person with a disability
- The person applying for the loan on behalf of the end user may live anywhere in the United States
- The loan applicant must demonstrate the ability to repay the loan
WHAT CAN BE PURCHASED?
- All types of assistive technology such as
- Speech output communication devices
- Hearing aids and assistive listening devices
- Low vision devices such as electronic magnifiers
- Computers/tablets with disability-related software and/or hardware
- Manual or motorized wheelchairs and scooters
- Adapted vehicles
- Home modifications such as walk-in showers and ramps (must own the home)
- Environmental control systems such as Smart Home Devices
- AT Assessments
- Training to use the purchased AT
- Used AT devices, as long as they are in good working order
- Co-Payments for assistive technology and durable medical equipment
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A LOAN?
- Contact us for an application at 800.895.4728 or email@example.com
- Go to our webpage and download the application
*This interest rate is based on availability and is subject to change.