There is such a wide variety of adaptive switch options available for users that are physically challenged and have special needs to activate assistive technology devices in their environment.
Users who do not have the ability to physically push down on a traditional adaptive switch or do not have the sensation of touch, are prime candidates for proximity sensor technology.
The Candy Corn proximity sensor switches are a lightweight and easy solution for a proximity switch need. Unlike most switches, this switch does not have to be touched. Waving any part of a hand or body will trigger them. Visual and auditory cues occur when this switch is activated.
Originally there was only one size Candy Corn proximity sensor switch available (now called Little Candy Corn). But now there is a NEW BIG Candy Corn proximity sensor switch. The BIG Candy Corn switch is almost twice the size as the original and has new features.
- Proximity sensor
- Activates when a user is within 0.5 inches of the switch top or with a light touch
- Internal magnet that allows it to be mounted to a magnetic surface
- Activation surface size is less than 2.5 inches
- Auditory beep and visual light feedback when activated
- Power on/off switch
- 3.5 mm switch jack into device
- Activates when a user is within 1 inch of the switch top or with a light touch – makes it easier to activate
- Larger activation surface that is approximately 3.5 inches
- Auditory beep and visual feedback can be turned on and off individually
The Candy Corn proximity sensor switch makes for an ideal option for those with limited strength and dexterity.
To schedule a demo or rent the Little Candy Corn switch, please contact us at 1-800-895-4728 or email@example.com. The Big Candy Corn switch is not yet available at Assistive.