Coronavirus (COVID-19) has had a major effect on individuals and businesses everywhere. Now that social distancing has been implemented, we have had to change the way we go about our day-to-day procedures and activities. Many businesses have had to close their doors and suspend their operations without guarantee to re-open.
Even though ND Assistive has had to close our offices and restrict in-person contact to keep our staff and those who we serve as safe as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak, we are still available to support and provide services to those of all ages and abilities.
ND Assistive consultants are still available to assess needs and recommend assistive technology (AT) solutions by offering phone, online, or video conferencing for AT consultations and device demonstrations.
Services we are still providing:
- Try assistive technology devices before you buy
- 6-week trial period
- Fees will vary
- All AT equipment will be thoroughly cleaned before being distributed to clients
- A free online database called ND AT4ALL where anyone can buy, sell, or give away used assistive technology equipment
- In addition to ND Assistive, there are a number of state agencies, schools, private businesses, individuals and lending programs that also list items for sale, give away, or loan
- A long-term reused equipment loan program
- Please keep in mind that each entity will have its own criteria for giving away, selling, or lending their equipment during the COVID-19 pandemic
- All AT equipment coming from ND Assistive will be thoroughly cleaned before being distributed to clients
- Weekly blogs are posted to our website
- Website is filled with our information
- Staff available by email, phone, or video conferencing to answer your questions
- Individual or group training on diverse assistive technology topics can be done via video conferencing
- Provides assistive technology equipment (up to $300 worth) to North Dakotans over the age of 60 who qualify to keep them safe and independent in their home
- Priority is given to those with the greatest need
- A Senior Safety request form is available on our website
- Provides telephone equipment and accessories for North Dakota residents who have difficulty using a standard telephone because of a severe hearing, speech, vision, cognitive, or physical impairment
- Applicant must meet income and other qualifications
- Specialized Telephone Application is located on our website
- Advanced communications equipment for qualifying North Dakota residents with combined vision and hearing loss
- Assessment and training at this time provided by an assistive technology consultant via telephone or video conferencing
- iCanConnect application is located on our website
- Loans to eligible North Dakota residents with disabilities or their family members to purchase assistive technology devices or services
- 2% interest rate
- Flexible terms available
- Financial loans up to $50,000
- A loan application is located on our website
- ND Assistive raises dollars every year to help people obtain the assistive technology they need
- If you’re found ineligible for other public or private funding programs, you may be eligible for a grant to purchase assistive technology devices and services
- Equipment purchases have included but not limited to vision equipment, daily living aids, smart home devices, computer access tools, vehicle modifications, and more
- A Possibilities application is located on our website
So, even if we are restricted from providing in-person contact, we are committed to working and serving all ages and abilities to connect them with AT. We continue to re-evaluate the extent of how we continue to provide our services weekly to align with policies related to COVID-19 on the local, state, and federal levels.
Staff is still available from 8 am – 5 pm, so please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-895-4728 or by email email@example.com.
Don’t forget to follow us on FaceBook also for the latest updates and announcements.